The class of 2015 is just starting college classes. Their outlook on life has been dramatically altered by world events and social media. Technology has enabled their own personal brand-building, beginning from the time they were old enough to click a mouse. And when they say something, it’s not a handful of the select few who hear them, it’s hundreds upon hundreds of “friends” with open ears and fingers just itching to text or tweet.
Fast Company has an excellent brief post by FC expert blogger Matt Britton that outlines Five Ways To Friend The Class of 2015. Details at the link. Here are the main points
- HELP THEM EXPRESS THEIR PERSONAL BRAND
- INTEGRATE ORGANICALLY INTO THEIR WORLD
- GET IN GOOD WITH THEIR FRIENDS
- BECOME AN ON-DEMAND BRAND
- GET TO KNOW THEM AND DON’T ASSUME