Despite the magnitude of these avoidable tragedies, little public attention — and even less in public resources — has been committed to reducing pedestrian deaths and injuries in the United States.
Here is an interactive map that lets you plug in any address and it will plot fatalities within a 60 mile radius.
For the record the top ten most dangerous metropolitan areas are:
- Orlando-Kissimmee, FL
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, FL
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Las Vegas-Paradise, NV
- Memphis, TN-MS-AR
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
Roadside Automobile Emergency Kit