Monday, June 13, 2011

What’s on Julia Child's bookshelf?


Christine Klepper is a Museum Studies graduate student at The George Washington University. She has a recent post on the blog of the National Museum of American History entitled What's on Julia Child's bookshelf? It is a delightful read and holds several interesting photographs and links to related posts. Here is a brief excerpt:
The most memorable experience I had while working on the bookshelf happened when I began to inspect Julia’s copy of A Field Guide to Birds East of the Rockies by Roger Tory Peterson. I noticed she had bookmarked two pages, and I assumed that she was making note of birds that she observed outside her kitchen windows. When I turned to the marked page to note its location for the book’s object record, I realized Julia did not use the book for bird watching. She had bookmarked the description for pheasant and quail or, as curator Rayna Green observed, “the yummy birds.”

Via Book Patrol

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (2 Volume Set)

No comments: