- Design will include a courtyard in the middle and curved glass all the way around.
- Jobs is planning on transforming an area that’s 20% landscaping to 80% landscaping by putting most of the building’s parking underground.
- There are 3,700 trees in the area at the moment, Jobs has hired an arborist from Stanford to take the area up to 6,000 trees.
- The plan is to build a four-story high building and four-story parking structure.
- The campus will incude an energy center, and natural gas will be the primary source of power, using the grid as backup.
- There will be an auditorium, fitness center and some R & D buildings.
- Jobs plans a 40% increase in Apple employees going from 9,500 today to 13, 000 in 2015.
- He wants to increase the campus’ space 20% from 2.6 million to 3.1 million square feet.
- Landscaping will increase 60% from 3,700 to 6,000.
- Surface parking will decrease 90% from 9,800 to 1,200 .
- The building footprint will decrease 30% from 1.4 million to 1 million.
- Cafeterias will fit 3,000 people at a sitting.
- The whole building will be designed with the utmost concern for employee safety.
- Apple currently has 20 buses running on bio-diesel fuel for its employees and Jobs thinks that system will work well with the new campus.
- The plan for the new design will submitted asap, and Jobs hopes to break ground next year and move in 2015.
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Steve Jobs proposes a new campus live last night. Just wow.
Posted by David Booker at 10:35 AM