Fast Facts About the Databases (from InfoDocket):
- Concurrent Access Will Be Available As the Wilson Databases are Loaded on to EBSCOhost Until End of Each Library’s Subscription Period
- The Loading of the Wilson Databases Has Begun and EBSCO’s Goal is To Have Them All Loaded By the End of 2011
- The Super Databases are Expected to Debut in Spring 2012
- Over Time Wilson Web Platform Will Be Phased Out
- An Example of How Wilson Indexing Will Be Used With EBSCOhost
WilsonWeb keyword searches match against their controlled vocabularies and return results from “use for” terms. For example, a keyword search for “Burma” also returns results on “Myanmar” (the official name of the country), because “Myanmar” is a USE FOR term for “Burma”. This functionality is being added to EBSCOhost, not only for all Wilson databases, but also for all EBSCO-owned databases. The automatic searching of Use For’s and See Also’s will also be applied to EBSCO Discovery Service.
- “New Unique Content?” Additional material that can be licensed and made accessible through one of the Super Databases.