Advise the Advisor is a new program to help senior staff at the White House stay connected to the American people.This week, Austan Goolsbee, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, is asking for feedback from small business owners and entrepreneurs about some of the challenges they face. Next week, Austan will travel with President Obama to Cleveland, Ohio for the Winning the Future Forum on Small Business. At the Forum, the President will talk directly with small business owners and leaders about their ideas for how America can continue to grow the economy.
You can add your voice to the conversation by answering one or all of the following questions:
- Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship is important in driving innovation and growth. When you first had a new idea for a business how did you convert that idea into a growing business?
- Access to Capital: The President has focused on increasing access to capital and tax breaks for small businesses. What role does access to capital play in your small business, and how can the government help small businesses ensure they can access the financing they need to grow?
- Workforce Development: As different industries in our economy grow, the workforce must adjust. How can government and business work together to better prepare the next generation workforce for the jobs of the future?
- Exports: Promoting U.S. exports is an effective way to grow businesses and create jobs. What obstacles does your business face in exporting goods and services to foreign markets?
- Clean Energy: In the President’s State of the Union he emphasized that an investment in clean energy technology will strengthen our security, protect our planet, and create new jobs. How can your business benefit from opportunities in this growing industry?