These ladies are laughing at you. Why? You designed your web site for your needs, not their needs. It gets worse. After they stop laughing, they're going to one of your competitors' sites and buy something.
Write these two sentences where you can see them as you're working on your computer:
1. The only reason my web site exists is to solve my customers' problems.
2. What problems does the page I'm looking at solve?
Nobody cares about you or your site. Really. What visitors care about is getting their problems solved. Most people visit a web site to solve one or more of the following three problems.
1. They want/need information
2. They want/need to make a purchase / donation.
3. They want/need to be entertained.