Monday, January 31, 2005

One Librarian's perspective on RSS


"Think about your average day, one of the most important things you can to to remain relevant to your institution is to read. Journals, newsletters, books, newspapers etc. I receive tables of contents via e-mail, in paper, have people recommend articles and leave them on my desk. Theoretically this reading is supposed to help you learn and grow professionally but much to my shame I never seem to find the time to read. When I do get around to cleaning my desktop and e-mail box my first instinct is to recycle and move on (promising all the time to do better)."

"RSS has changed this for me. I am using RSS to setup a personal "newspaper" that is filled with content that is of interest to me. Now I take 15-30 minutes of my day and skim my paper and read what interests me."
<Link to Article

No comments: