Thursday, October 06, 2011

Steve Jobs changed my life and gave me a career.


I met my first Mac in 1986 and from that moment my life was changed. I have built a successful career around my Macintoshes and I am positive that what modicum of success I have can be credited directly to Steve Jobs and Apple. I will miss him dearly.
Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

1 comment:

John Galloway said...

Although not as profound, my photographic vision took a good, changing turn when I switched from PC to my Mac Pro 4 years ago.
What Steve Jobs said is so true. He was a visionary in his personal, spiritual life as he was with Apple.