Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Nokia N97 and iPhone
Here's a look at Nokia's newest phone and ways it compares to the iPhone. Nokia's
Robert Scoble says:
1. It does 16:9 video. The iPhone doesn’t even do video. So, how can you go to a Daft Punk concert and record it to taunt your friends?
2. It has a 5 megapixel camera. The iPhone only has 2, and the quality isn’t even close. The camera also has a dual LED flash, so you can take pictures in the dark where the iPhone can’t.
3. I can type three Facebook status messages on the N97’s nice QWERTY keybord in the time that I can type two on the iPhone.
4. It does copy and paste, so you can copy URLs to send to your friends. The iPhone can’t do that.
5. It has replaceable batteries so you can charge up three batteries and Facebook for days, while the iPhone needs to be hooked back up to the wall for recharging after a few hours.
6. The GPS device does turn-by-turn and has a built in compass, so you’ll get to your parties faster than with the iPhone, which doesn’t have a compass and doesn’t do turn-by-turn.
Price? $550 before subsidy, so price should be about $350 in stores.
Availabilty? Second quarter of 2009.
(Another look in a 1:35 video here.)
Posted by scampbell at 2:15 PM