Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's National Bookmobile Day!


National Bookmobile Day (Wednesday, April 11, 2012) celebrates our nation’s bookmobiles and the dedicated library professionals who provide this valuable and essential service to their communities every day.

National Bookmobile Day is an opportunity for bookmobiles fans to make their support known—through thanking bookmobile staff, writing a letter or e-mail to their libraries, or voicing their support to community leaders.

National Bookmobile Day is coordinated by the ALA Office for Literacy and Outreach Services (OLOS), the Association of Bookmobile and Outreach Services (ABOS), and the Association for Rural & Small Libraries (ARSL).

And a whole bunch of bookmobile videos here!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved the bookmobile!! When I was a child growing up in a very rural area, the bookmobile was the only library I had access to. The librarians were always so helpful. I think that's why I now work in a library myself. A big thank you to all of the bookmobile librarians!!