Sunday, July 31, 2011

The 12 Habits of Highly Connective People

Anil Dash at Gel 2011 from Gel Conference on Vimeo.



We can all use this and the original post of 12 is at the link.

(1.) believe you can make a difference

in case you were wondering if this is only touchy-feely, look at how Dana White built a UFC empire out of his desire to connect with fans.

(2.) think knowledge as a service

it's an overused expression, it really does apply. We live in a remix culture, where individuals, industries, and media will thrive by allowing the exchange of ideas. That's where new connections are made.

From Conversation Agent

4 comments:

mmshepherds said...

This needs to be made into a 12-commandments type poster or graphic cheat sheet.

Thank you SO much for sharing

Valeria Maltoni said...

Hi, I'm the owner of this article, which I'm glad you enjoyed. I should point out that my work is protected by copyright. This excerpt exceeds a reasonable interpretation of fair use. Would you please shorten it to a sentence or two? Beyond this length, you should ask for permission before publication.

David Booker said...

Well, I have ben called out twice today - and both times deserved. I apologize and will revise the post. With MarsEdit it is so very easy to do this without intending to harm. I enjoyed your post and just hit "reblog". I won't be doing that again.

Valeria Maltoni said...

thank you, David. Appreciate it. I've had more than one discussion with technology/tool developers about making it easy for people to involuntarily grab copyrighted material.