The Pew Research Center has completed an online survey of 895 stakeholders' and critics' expectations of social, political and economic change by 2020. Among the opinions offered are:
- Google won't make us stupid
- Reading, writing and the rendering of knowledge will be improved
- Innovation will continue to catch us by surprise
- Information will continue to flow freely online, though there will be flashpoints over control of the internet
- Anonymous online activity will be challenged, though a modest majority still think it will be possible in 2020
The complete 48 page report is available in PDF format here.