What caught their attention?
* Provocative or inappropriate photos or info--53%
* Drinking or drug use--44%
* Bad-mouthing previous employee, colleague or client--35%
* Poor communication skills--29%
* Discriminatory comments--26%
* Lied about qualifications--24%
* Leaked confidential info from previous job--20%
Intrestingly, 14% of employers have disregarded a candidate because the candidate sent a message using an emoticon such as a smiley face while 16 percent dismissed a candidate for using text language such as GR8 (great) in an e-mail or job application.
And if a candidate whose pages were examined WAS hired. What effect did his/her social site have on the process?
* Profile provided a good feel for personality and fit - 50%
* Profile supported candidate's professional qualifications - 39%
* Candidate was creative - 38%
* Candidate showed solid communication skills - 35%
* Candidate was well-rounded - 33%
* Other people posted good references about the candidate - 19%
* Candidate received awards and accolades - 15%