Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A 300 sq ft apartment with 24 rooms. Amazing!


A friend (thanks, John!) shared this with me this morning and I found it so fascinating that I felt it needed to be shared here. For a long time I have been fascinated by the concept of tiny houses. There is something about their simple elegance that appeals to me and they certainly have a smaller environmental footprint. (You can also build a much "nicer" house when you build smaller.)

Gary Chang, the architect behind the amazing dwelling featured above, has opened my eyes to even more possibilities. I had seen reconfigurable dwellings before, but his innovations have given me a lot to ponder.

There is a nice NYT article on the project with a collection of photos that are worth viewing - a couple are below, more at the link.


No comments: